Our competitions exist to encourage and reward writing
We are currently inviting entries to our
THEMED FREE ENTRY
-- 00 --
C O U R S E
Continuing with our trusted course of providing competitions
to encourage and reward writing, we decided the word
would be ideal as a prompt to mark our return.
COURSE can be interpreted in many ways, and we’re looking forward
to reading your ideas. We invite you to use the word COURSE to
write either a poem, or a 500 word story.
Please read the rules of entry below.
Scroll down to read the rules
You are invited to send us your
Poetry up to 40 lines
Stories max 500 words
Closes Thursday 26th November 2020
We will choose one winning entry.
You can submit poetry up to 40 lines or
a max 500 word story
Poetry or 500 words winner will be awarded £10
Winning entry will be published on this website
COURSE COMPETITION - RULES OF ENTRY
1) Entry by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are currently not accepting postal entries.
2) Please follow link to complete our entry form details then paste them into the body of an email,
followed by your entry.
3) Attachments will not be opened. We are not accepting attachments for this competition. If you send an attachment your entry will be ignored. Paste your entry into the body of an email.
4) Wordcount - You can send any of the following:
Poetry maximum of 40 lines. Max 500 words entries. Not including title.
5) FREE ENTRY Two entries per entrant permitted. Only one entry per entrant can win a prize.
6) Entrants can be any age. All entries will be judged anonymously and no allowance made for age.
7) We will publish one winning entry on this website and remove it at a later date if you require us to do so. Subject to editorial approval, you are welcome to put a link to your blog, website or email with your winning entry if you wish. We reserve the right to choose as our winning entry - poem or max 500 words or none of these if we do not receive an entry that we consider is of winning quality.
8) We require a few words about your writing experience to accompany the winning entry (see entry form). Don't worry if you are a complete beginner and don't have any experience. Writers of all abilities and experience are welcome to enter. Provide a link to your blog or website if you have one. Entry form link:
9) Copyright remains with author.
10) Entries cannot have been previously published and must be the original work of the entrant. We do not want to read work that can be found to be in print or online anywhere, including blogs.
11) Please do not send entries that:
- received an award from other competitions, or anywhere else;
- have been submitted for publication and are awaiting response;
- you will also submit to another competition or for publication elsewhere before our competition
result is announced.
12) Closing date for the competition is noon (GMT) Thursday 26th November 2020. Entries received after this date may not be entered into the competition.
13) Kindly please try not to leave it to the last minute to enter our competition. We do not read entries in the order they are received. We suggest the earlier you send your entry, the better it will be for your peace of mind and will help our admin process. Entries sent in the last few minutes may have problems reaching us in time. Entries are not read in the order they are received. You may decide sending your entry in at the last minute suits you better but we advise, as it will not be the last entry read by our team of readers and we would rather NOT have to manage receipt of your entry in the last minute, please try to send your entry in earlier if at all possible.
14) Winner will be announced on this site before end of December 2020.
15) Prize of £10 will be awarded to one winner of either poetry or max 500 words. Publication will be on this website and announcements on Twitter. You can follow us on Twitter @EWGCompetition.
16) The judge's decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
17) No corrections will be accepted.
18) Entry implies acceptance of the rules.
19) Feedback is not generally being provided for this competition.
20) READ THE RULES and use the entry form.